North Shore Horizons was formed in 1980 in order to serve individuals and families impacted by domestic violence and sexual assault in Lake County and the surrounding area. We received our nonprofit status in 1981.
In it’s infancy, North Shore Horizons provided face-to-face individual and group support and referral to sexual assault and domestic victims. Since that time, North Shore Horizons has expanded its menu of services to also include:
· 24-hour crisis services
· Legal advocacy
· Relationship Abuse Advocacy
· Sexual Assault Advocacy
· Resources and Referrals
· Child abuse prevention programming for children
· Online safety education for middle and high school students
· Community outreach and education
· Supportive and Transitional Housing (New Beginnings, LLC)
· Development and organization of a Coordinated Community Response Team in Lake County
· Participation on the Lake County Sex Trafficking Task Force
· A Safe Exchange and Supervised Visitation program
· Men’s Nonviolence Intervention Education
What started with basic advocacy services to a handful of people, North Shore Horizons reached 863 individuals in the last quarter of 2017 alone.
We provide community education, outreach, and trauma-informed services to those impacted by domestic and sexual violence.