New Beginnings Supportive Housing
Safe, secure, and affordable.
North Shore Horizons Board of Directors
Cathy Holman, Cheryl Passe, Amanda Michealson, Andrea Sande, Allen Peterson, Barb Liukkonen, Ruth Rabold,
Wayne Pulford, Jennifer Miller and Gail Trygstad
North Shore Horizons Board Officers
President: Cheryl Passe
Treasurer: Wayne Pulford
Recorder: Andrea Sande
Click here to quickly leave our web page.
The Mission of North Shore Horizons is:
- To assist survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault
- To provide secure and affordable housing
- To work collaboratively to end violence
- To advocate for respect for all individuals
North Shore Horizons offers Free and Confidential Emergency assistance to victims of violence,
every day, 24 hours a day.
Toll Free: 1-800-834-5923 or 218-834-5924.
- Call any day of the week whether it’s an emergency or you just need to talk.
- Emergency assistance for individuals and families leaving a dangerous situation including shelter, food, transportation and clothing.
- Advocacy support and transportation to medical exams and law enforcement interviews.
- Safety planning.
- Advocacy on survivor's behalf with other agencies and organizations.
- Support groups.
- Help in finding the resources you need.
- Advocates are availbe to assist in filling out: Order for Protections (OFP) and Harrasement Restaining Orders (HRO), including court preparation and accompaniment to court hearings.
- Court monitoring.
- Prevention and education training and classes.
- Low-income, long-term and transitional housing with supportive services for individuals and families.
New Beginnings Supportive Housing. New Beginnings Supportive Housing has six units of safe affordable housing on-site and two units located in Lake County. To quality for our supportive housing program you must meet the homelss qualtifications of the unit per the funding source. Call 218-834-5924 for more information.
Forms and Applications:
New Beginnings Housing Application
HRO Harrasment Restraining Order
OFP Order for Protection
North Shore Horizons Staff Email Contacts:
Amy: Sexual Assault Advocate & Community Educator
Cindy: Domestic Violence Advocate
Steph: Program Coordinator
Lauren: Outreach Educator
Alex: Housing Coordinator